- 16oz bag of brussels sprouts from Trader Joes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 slices of bacon
- ½ cup of diced up fat-free ham (that’s what I used, you don’t have to do fat-free. I just grabbed the 8 oz pack of Healthy Ham from TJ’s)
- In 2 cups of water, simmer brussels sprouts for about 6 minutes. Then drain and put in a bow.
- While brussels sprouts cook (I strongly recommend setting a timer) cut up the two slices of bacon with a pair of scissors and pan fry until they shrink up a bit.
- When bacon has gotten smaller, turn heat to Low and add in the onions. Cover and let them “sweat” for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Go to your brussels sprouts (they should be drained and waiting in a bowl or strainer) and add the ham. Now is a good time to chop it up while you wait.
- When the onions have gotten softer and turned a slightly darker yellow (about 15 min) you can add the brussels sprouts and ham bits.
- Cook for about 4 min on Med heat. Stirring often.