I figured mixed berry applesauce and blueberries might do well in paleo muffin form.
There are a TON of egg whites in this recipe because the goal was: high protein muffin + tastes good + not too high in fat = a happy Indie.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup applesauce (preferably the mixed berry kind)
- 3 large eggs
- 10 egg whites
- 1 tsp baking powder or baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cardamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp agave or honey
- 1 ½ single serve packet stevia
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Coat 12 muffin tins with coconut oil (or use paper muffin cups and add 1/2 tsp melted coconut oil to batter).
- Mix all ingredients and pour evenly into tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes on the middle rack.
This recipe yields 12 muffins. I calculated on Fitday.com and the calories for this batch totaled:
127 calories per muffin
6.7g fat / 9.6g carb / 7.4g protein / 3g sugar alcohol
High in protein, not quite so high in fat. Pretty good for a muffin!