Paleo Coconut Shrimp
These are yummy by themselves or over sticky rice. Last week I made a batch and put them in the fridge to microwave for quick snacks or breakfast.
- 1 lb shrimp (I get two bags from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 (403 mL) can coconut milk
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger seasoning
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- optional: soy sauce, or soy sauce substitute (I use coconut aminos cuz its wheat free)
- Put the shrimp in a pan with coconut milk, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Bring it to a boil, stir.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes uncovered.
- If you decide to use soy sauce add it in near the end.*If I’m making these for someone else I usually drain them partway so there’s still some sauce at the bottom. I let a pat of butter melt over the top when I’m making them for boy.I did reheat this once with a splash of white wine and it was DA BOMB. Try it!