Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (you can cook and puree pumpkin yourself if you’ve got the time and patience)
- 3 large eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 little scoops of stevia or ½ single-serve packet of stevia
- 2 tbsp. agave
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Coat muffin tins with coconut oil (or use paper muffin cups and add 1/2 tsp melted coconut oil to batter).
- Mix all ingredients and pour evenly into tins. (I had to sift the coconut flour through a screen first because it glommed up into chunks).
- Bake for 25 minutes on the middle rack.
*if you want crunchy bits on top you can sprinkle slivered almonds on the muffins AS SOON as they’re done.
This recipe yielded 12 muffins.
I calculated on Fitday.com and the calories for this batch totaled:
120 calories per muffin
6.7g fat / 8.5g carb / 6.9g protein / 3g sugar alcohol